Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bracelets

I need to get a new medical bracelet.  Mine fell off at Sunday River in 2009, and I just haven't gotten around to it. (Don't yell at me, my mother has that covered.)

This is the thing.  I don't trust frilly ID bracelets.  I get suspicious that if it were ever needed to save my life, that someone would look right past it.  I know that beads on an ID bracelet are commonplace now, but not for me.  For fifteen years I had that bracelet in the picture.  (Charm)  The new one arrived in my mailbox on Halloween while I was in college; the same day I had my first appointment with an adult endo.  As a kid, I hated watches and bracelets, because I had that one.  I like watches now (although, with a pump, who needs one?), but I'm still picky about bracelets.  People have always given them to me, so I have a great collection, and I'll use them to make a specific outfit, but that's about it.

I have tried to go over to the "get a pretty medical ID" party, but I just can't.  Both of my previous ones came directly from Medic Alert, and I've looked here (but not in a while).  I don't want to limit my options by saying I will only buy from them though.  My mother sent me a link this morning, and I found one that I love.  But I'm worried about it.  Will this style stay on my wrist?  Would I be worried about it?  I want a bracelet that is there and I don't have to worry about.  I have a few beautiful bracelets at my parents' house.  Could those get charms and that's it?  One of them looks like the cuff, but is a regular bracelet.  I know that those wouldn't come off of my wrist.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. The cuff is so pretty!! I LOVE it!! The idea behind a bracelet is that they will see it when they are checking your pulse. I think with the charm it will be easy to see. I wear just the normal silver one from medic alert. I don't even think about it anymore. I think both would be great, but I have always had your worries too-if it's too pretty they won't notice. But they are trained. CONCLUSION: Pick whichever one you're actually going to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi briley! i have this one from lauren's hope: http://www.laurenshope.com/product/415/E71/heavy-silver-chain-medical-id-bracelet

    i love it because it still looks nice, but isn't too frilly.

    also, it's strong, and holds up to pulling and tugging from small children... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.Thanks . Please check link download tik tok videos

    ReplyDelete