Monday, February 14, 2011

Diabetes Success

When my week started like this, and ended the same way, it was time to write down, print & fax my numbers over to Joslin.  That was on a Friday, and I wasn't able to talk to my nurse until Wednesday or Thursday.  She had me change my overnight basal, my sensitivity factor and some advice.  She suggested that I seem to be extra sensitive to insulin when my blood sugar is super high.  Over 400 is how I'm interpreting super high for right now.  So she suggested that if I get that high again, to not take a full bolus. So on Friday when I was 485, I plugged it into my pump and before I sent it on it's way, I decreased it by 10 percent.  I was a little skeptical about this, but, it worked!  When I got home from work, I felt low and was hanging out between 65-75, so I had two juice boxes.  But that is the lowest I ever went!  There were no BGs in the thirties.  There was no bottoming out.  There was no scary low.  It just was a baby low, and my BG even leveled out enough to go out for a beer.  Friday's correction was a diabetes success!

No comments:

Post a Comment