Friday, June 3, 2011

Work with No D

All week Girl Genius has been talking about graduation tomorrow.  The four year old munchkin (which I like to call her, but she says "that's for tiny kids!"),  is starting Kindergarten in September.  I can remember my own Kindergarten graduation, and I remember memorizing a poem to recite, but I was 5, it's not THAT big of a deal.  Except that when I drove up to her school this morning, the tents were out, and all the extra hands were on deck and this wave of memory came crashing down. And I just want to pick her up and squeeze her!  I can remember meeting her in October 2009 when she said "I'm three, and I still suck my thumb, see!"  And when I babysat the next month and ended up at Boston College instead of her preschool.  And she didn't say a word the whole car ride!  (Crazy!)  As I drove away this morning I had tears in my eyes.  I know that I'm an emotional person, and that I cry at the drop of a hat, and that I get really attached to people, but I didn't think I would feel this!

Congrats Munchkin!  You're amazing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment