Thursday, December 2, 2010

Eyes

I've never had the fancy eye pictures taken before, and the whole process kinda freaked me out when I was at Joslin, but I was definitely intrigued.  The eyes are the one thing that scare me when it comes to diabetes complications, and I got kinda yelled at for not having had an appointment in two year (yea, I know...but it will be happening later this month, so stop your worrying.)  When I saw an envelope in my mailbox from Joslin, I didn't know what it would be.  It was this! (that I'm holding in my hand)  And you know what it says?!
No evidence of Diabetic Retinopathy and No Diabetic Macular Edema for either eye.  It wasn't really a concern at this point, but to have it confirmed = wahoo!! :D



December 2: I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

This is one of my mother's absolute favorite Christmas songs, especially because it was written to raise money for a zoo.  It has since also become one of my favorites.  And last year watching Mom & one the synchro girls do a duet to this song was beautiful, funny & heart-warming.

No comments:

Post a Comment