Monday, March 28, 2011

Tuck's

Found

This is one of New Hampshire's gems, Tuckerman's Ravine.  It's also something that as a skier being able to say you've done it puts you in a different league.  My plan is to do it this spring.  I am concerned about diabetes though.  

First of all, the group of people gathered at the bottom are on the "lunch rocks."  It is a 2 mile hike up to these rocks.  This is not what I am concerned about.  And by hike, I mean not quite a hike, not quite a walk.  (Or so I'm told).  I have seen Tuckerman's before, but only while skiing Wildcat, not while being right there.  For this, I am sure that a temp basal while toting lots of snacks & juice boxes will be fine.  However, after you get to the lunch rocks, you hike up.
Second, I'm scared of heights.
Third, there are specific lines to hike up and everyone follows in a line.  My father has seen one person fall and have it be dominoes all the way down.  I don't want to be that person.  And I could easily be that person, not being low.
Fourth, if I'm hiking up and I feel low, will it be possible to stop, test and take something?  Or even to just take something?  Will I be able to get something out?
And last, I'm just plain excited.  If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!  Especially if you've ever skied Tuck's before.

No comments:

Post a Comment