Monday, January 3, 2011

Year End

How do I write a year end post when I've only been "here" a few short months?  Well, when I read Kerri's meme and I really like the simplicity of it.  And I thought of doing that, except I've only been blogging since September.  So today I'm picking a post from twelve of my favorite blogs (in no order other than the order in which I found you and saved you on my computer.)  To these twelve, thank you.  For everyone else, thank you too.  You're all awesome and I look forward to the years and years to come.

"January"
Those shoes lived in my apartment, and when I got the call saying "That picture I tagged you in?!  It's in that blog I was telling you about.  Now you HAVE to go read it."  Thanks Reb :)

"February"
I don't have a CGM :(, but I think we've all been there when a real-life something automatically & repeatedly reminds us of something diabetes related. 

"March"
You know I'm a sucker for camps, especially ones for children with diabetes, so this is the post that sucked me in. 

"April"
I learn so much here, that it definitely needs to be included, and this post made me do a "whaaaaaat?"

"May"
 I haven't really gotten into many of the D-Mom blogs, because as part of my blog I feel like I am gaining more independence in the diabetes sense from my own mother, but I feel I owe to this specific group of T3s to read at least one, and this is one I chose.  And this post caused tears streaming down my face.

"June"
What can I say, I'm a dog person!

"July"
I used to try and get pen pals through Diabetes Forecast, and this is like the adult, informative version from the ADA.

"August"
I'm getting better at getting the exact amount needed, but I still appreciate a whole post about smearing :)

"September"
These chats can feel like a lifeline to the DOC, and I look forward to the nights I can participate.

"October"
This picture completely grossed me out, but it also hooked me.

"November"
Sometimes we all need a little humor and other emotions to deal with diabetes.

"December"
This is my latest find, and while I'm entirely jealous of this post; putting that aside, I love it.

Maybe next year there can be a recap of my diabetes life, but for this year, here are some of the blogs that have really been helping me.  Enjoy, and happy new year to all :)


2 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks for the shout out, Briley! (Love that name, BTW!) I also started blogging in 2010, so I didn't feel justified doing a full fledged year meme. Here's to a bloggy year for you and all of us in 2011! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! That picture is sooooo gross! Thanks for the mention! Just think, at the end of this year you will have a big ole meme to share! woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete