Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bracelets

I need to get a new medical bracelet.  Mine fell off at Sunday River in 2009, and I just haven't gotten around to it. (Don't yell at me, my mother has that covered.)

This is the thing.  I don't trust frilly ID bracelets.  I get suspicious that if it were ever needed to save my life, that someone would look right past it.  I know that beads on an ID bracelet are commonplace now, but not for me.  For fifteen years I had that bracelet in the picture.  (Charm)  The new one arrived in my mailbox on Halloween while I was in college; the same day I had my first appointment with an adult endo.  As a kid, I hated watches and bracelets, because I had that one.  I like watches now (although, with a pump, who needs one?), but I'm still picky about bracelets.  People have always given them to me, so I have a great collection, and I'll use them to make a specific outfit, but that's about it.

I have tried to go over to the "get a pretty medical ID" party, but I just can't.  Both of my previous ones came directly from Medic Alert, and I've looked here (but not in a while).  I don't want to limit my options by saying I will only buy from them though.  My mother sent me a link this morning, and I found one that I love.  But I'm worried about it.  Will this style stay on my wrist?  Would I be worried about it?  I want a bracelet that is there and I don't have to worry about.  I have a few beautiful bracelets at my parents' house.  Could those get charms and that's it?  One of them looks like the cuff, but is a regular bracelet.  I know that those wouldn't come off of my wrist.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. The cuff is so pretty!! I LOVE it!! The idea behind a bracelet is that they will see it when they are checking your pulse. I think with the charm it will be easy to see. I wear just the normal silver one from medic alert. I don't even think about it anymore. I think both would be great, but I have always had your worries too-if it's too pretty they won't notice. But they are trained. CONCLUSION: Pick whichever one you're actually going to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi briley! i have this one from lauren's hope: http://www.laurenshope.com/product/415/E71/heavy-silver-chain-medical-id-bracelet

    i love it because it still looks nice, but isn't too frilly.

    also, it's strong, and holds up to pulling and tugging from small children... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some cheap miu miu handbags can be notoriously difficult to shop for on holidays, birthdays and

    special cheap chanel handbags occasions. These ladies may already have

    everything that they need, or they may just have hermes birkin kelly handbags

    very particular taste in clothing, jewelry or home decor. These types of women are the ones who are cheap louis vuitton handbags always the last to be checked off on

    the shopping list. Sometimes givers end up choosing gift cards or generic omega

    speedmaster watches
    items just to find something for these difficult-to-shop-for loved ones. However, for those who fit in this best christmas gifts category, creating one-of-a-kind photo handbags may be the solution for this cheap rolex watches year's gift buying woes.

    ReplyDelete