Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Eating Healthier

In the mindset of being healthier, I've been consciously thinking about the food I eat.  (No, I don't keep a food log - hate those!)  But I realized that I eat pasta or rice almost every day at lunch.  And if not that, then a sandwich.  I always have fruits or vegetables as well.  But I'm thinking of trying to change that and instead of having grainy starches, to have some starchy vegetables.  I want to continue to eat other non-starchy vegetables too.  But I need some advice.  And oh yea, it needs to be easy!  Making lunch with the kids isn't always the time for fancy foods.  So if anyone has any suggestions, or places to look, I will greatly appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. Great timing, Briley. I just posted this morning something I wrote about food on my blog, Without Envy. It may not give you the answers you're looking for (though the links I include might), but it might help point you in the right direction. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. I'm usually good at this type of stuff (5 time weight watcher dropout!), but I've got nothing. What I was wondering if you've thought about higher fiber starches like quinoa or barley instead of the rice or pasta. I'm experimenting with them right now, so I don't have great recipes. They can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for easy warm up. Sorry I don't have veggie ideas! ~Amy~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Briley, I hear you. I'm a T1 for 13 yrs and have been trying to eat healthier and more organic/whole foods too. Lately I've been trying to watch my sodium intake that can be pretty heavy in cold cuts and processed food. Glad I found your blog.

    I just started a new website with a friend that discusses eating healthy and exercising: http://eatcleanstayfit.com

    Take Care, Tony

    ReplyDelete