Thursday, April 28, 2011

From Life to InDpendence

Maybe you've noticed that my blog looks a little different this week.

When I started writing, it wasn't even here.  It was at ______(if I could remember, I'd share).  And back then I read ONE blog.  And I had a friend telling me that I would be a able to make a big diabetes difference.  I didn't believe her, because my last known A1C was 11.1.  How could IIIIIII make a difference?  And so I bought an at home A1C kit.  And then I felt as though I could do this.  And so the writing began and I joined the DOC and I've never looked back.

I've never enjoyed the title of my blog though (It's About Independence, It's About Life).  I think that independence plays a huge part in my diabetes.  Not only because of my D-Day, but because I'm now actively monitoring and tracking my diabetes.  So I had been thinking about changing the name, and then when I listened to the wego health webinar, they discussed the importantance of the blog name.  If you use your health condition in the title, it can get people there.  Or you can be clever and cute and other fun things.  It jumpstarted the thoughts that were already milling around in my brain.  So I asked Meredith, Kerri, Kim and Sarah their individual thoughts on it.  In keeping with Independence, my idea was Fireworks and Fructose or Independence and Lows.  And then Kerri suggested InDpendence.  And I fell in love.  So here I am.  I still think Life is important, and I always will.  But the name of the blog just feels better to me now.

Thank you Kerri!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, Briley, and I love your new blog home! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely new blog! And lovely new name. It fits you well and quite catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new design, and love the new name too! They're both classy and catch attention well. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new name InDpendence

    ReplyDelete