Friday, October 1, 2010

A1C


From September 16, 2010

I just bought an at home, A1C now kit, and I’m pretty damn nervous about it.  It’s something that I need to know, and I’ve been slacking on the new doctor appointment, and my last A1C was...well...less than impressive.  That A1C was also taken while I was in the hospital with ketoacidosis on March 14, and my A1C was at its worst ever of 11.1%.  For those of you who don’t know diabetes speak, thats a 3 month average of over 270.  THAT’S BAD!  Today, my new A1C, and with my feet shaking wanting to run around...it’s 8.6!  Now this still isn’t ideal, but thats an average 3 month blood sugar of approximately 185.  There is still a lot of work to be done, but I’m going in the right direction and I couldn’t be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment