Monday, November 8, 2010

Big Blue Test


I'm not usually one to watch viral videos, but this one was part of every advocacy place I went.  I watched it and I loved every minute of it.  I posted it on facebook (I don't usually post links there), I emailed it to my family, I watched it many times.  I didn't watch it for the fact of "maybe if I watch it more, then more children will get the insulin they need," (although, that would rock) but I see myself in so many parts of this video.  I am now an adult with diabetes, but I was a child with diabetes too.  The thought that there were children out there who didn't have access to insulin never crossed my mind then, but it's here now.  So I'm pleading with you, let's help these children.  Diabetes is hard enough when you have access to everything, never mind if you don't.  Let's help make their lives better.  Do it for you; Do it for me; Do it for them; Do it for your mother, father, son, daughter; I don't care who you do it for, just do it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing it! Yes, ditto on my end - see myself in so many parts. Not just like Manny trying to ice skate and falling down, either... I do admit that I can't play basketball to any degree as well as George with his son. Oh well. Gotta watch the video again now... Song rocks, too.

    ReplyDelete